In accordance with Part 1 of Article 27 of the Federal Law of August 15, 1996 No. 114-ФЗ «On the Procedure for Departure from the Russian Federation and Entry into the Russian Federation», tax evasion by a foreign citizen during stay on the territory of the Russian Federation is the basis for adoption in relation to such person a decision to ban entry into the Russian Federation.
This norm also applies to cases of non-fulfillment by a foreign citizen of the obligation to pay customs duties and taxes on time, including those in connection with a violation of the conditions for the temporary importation of vehicles for personal use into the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union.
The Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation launched an information service that allows you to check online for any arrears of customs payments and decisions made by the customs authorities to ban entry into the Russian Federation.
The information service is available to a wide range of people at the following link https://edata.customs.ru/FtsPersonalCabinetWeb/Services/About/CheckPayments.
Information on the Implementation of the Tax Free System
in the Russian Federation
Dear guests of the Russian Federation,
Since April 2018, the value-added tax refund system (Tax Free System) has been launched in the Russian Federation.
To be eligible for a VAT refund, you must be a citizen of a foreign country outside of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU – the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Russian Federation).
To receive a tax-free service, you should purchase goods for no less than 10,000 roubles (___ in national currency), tax included, from a single retailer during one day at retailer locations approved by the Government of the Russian Federation. Certain retailers provide VAT refund services in the following cities:
- Saransk (the Republic of Mordovia);
- Kazan (the Republic of Tatarstan);
- Sochi (Krasnodar Krai);
- Volgograd (Volgograd Oblast);
- Kaliningrad (Kaliningrad Oblast);
- Krasnogorsk (Moscow Oblast);
- Nizhny Novgorod (Nizhny Novgorod Oblast);
- Rostov-on-Don (Rostov-on-Don Oblast);
- Samara (Samara Oblast);
- Ekaterinburg (Sverdlovsk Oblast);
- Saint Petersburg.
VAT refund is not applicable to excise goods, including alcohol and tobacco.
To receive a refund, export your purchased goods through border crossings approved by the Government of the Russian Federation.
I. Road border crossings
II. Air border crossings
- Vladivostok (Knevichy Airport)
- Volgograd (Gumrak Airport)
- Ekaterinburg (Koltsovo Airport)
- Kaliningrad (Khrabrovo Airport)
- Moscow (Vnukovo Airport)
- Moscow (Domodedovo Airport)
- Moscow (Sheremetyevo Airport)
- Nizhny Novgorod (Strigino Airport)
- Rostov-on-Don (Platov Airport)
- Samara (Kurumoch Airport)
- Saint Petersburg (Pulkovo Airport)
III. Sea border crossings
- Bolshoi Port, Saint Petersburg
- Passenger Port, Saint Petersburg
Individuals can claim a tax refund within a year after the purchase provided that the goods are exported within three months from the purchase date.
For more details, please contact Tax Free operators in Russia:
- HI.SKY (http://hiskytaxfree.com/);
- Global Blue (http://www.globalblue.com/);
- Premier Tax Free (https://premiertaxfree.ru/).